Saturday, July 23, 2005

Welcome

Welcome to my brand new home of cynicisms. I am what many would call a "Bouncer" at a couple different nightclubs in the midwest. Although I would probably go more with the terms babysitter or referee.

I work in two different environments here.

One of them being a 500 capacity music venue and the other being a 100 person capacity bar. Two completely different jobs entirely. I work the frontdoor at both but with different responsibilities.

The venue has a little more of a laid back feel to it, where as the bar is much more strict when it comes to who we let in. This is basically judged on if your already intoxicated, you seem very upset, or if your clothing and looks are just in complete disarray then your not coming in.

The venue really doesn't have much as in a 'guideline' for who we let in or not. There are always exceptions to this but we are a lot easier on it. If you want to pay to get in and then make an ass out of yourself and be tossed out feel free to pay.

When at the venue I work among a group of 3 to 6 people depending on the night and the show. At the bar I work alone with the small safety net that the bartenders, usually 3 at the least, are always willing to jump over the bar to help. This has yet to happen while I have been actually working.

I've been at the bar for close to a year and have had little problems and no forced rejections as of yet. (Knock on wood.) The venue is a totally different breed.

No comments: